Fordwich Place, Sandwich

back to list
  • Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
  • View EPC in new window
  • Ask a Question

    Do you have any questions about this property? Call us on the number to the right or use the form below to send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
    Send Enquiry
  • Book Viewing

    Would you like to book a viewing of this property? Call us on the number to the right or use the form below to send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
    Send Viewing Request
  • Email a Friend

    Send this property's details to a friend.  

    1.  
    2.  

Property Thumbnail Image

Sandwich Centre

£125,000 Leasehold

Marketed by our Sandwich office

Call 01304 612197 and quote 11682869.


Main Features

  • 2 Bedrooms
  • 1 Receptions
  • 1 Bathrooms
  • First Floor Retirement Apartment
  • 2 Bedrooms
  • Communal Gardens and Parking
  • Convenient and Popular Location

Description

Modern two bedroom first floor retirement apartment in a convenient location for Sandwich town centre and railway station. EPC Rating: E

Property Brochure, EPC & Particulars

Download the Brochure

Full Description

Situation

The Property

Communal Entrance Hallway

First Floor Landing

Flat Entrance Hallway

Sitting/Dining Room

16' 10'' x 10' 11'' (5.13m x 3.32m)

Kitchen

13' 6'' x 5' 3'' (4.11m x 1.60m)

Bedroom One

13' 3'' x 8' 2'' (4.04m x 2.49m)

Bedroom Two

13' 9''max x 8' 9'' (4.19m x 2.66m)

Bathroom/WC

Outside Space

The flats are set in attractive grounds with provision for parking in a private car park to the rear and with a clothes drying area. There is an entryphone system and an emergency 24 hour call system. The building stands in open plan communal gardens with a washing drying area, concealed, to the rear just outside the laundry room where there are washing facilities to save the need for a washing machine and tumbler inside the flats. There is a large communal car park which is rarely full and a back door into the building from that direction.

Lease and tenure details

All main services are understood to be connected to the property. Tenure:- The property is held on a 70% shared equity basis with in excess of 85 years unexpired on the long lease. The remaining 30% stake is retained and held by the freeholder. This makes the apartments more easily affordable for the retired, for whom the properties were designed.
The apartment can only be sold to someone who is 55 years or over. No Ground Rent is payable. The maintenance fund for the building is fully managed by Housing21 and the current (2022) service charge payment for this apartment Is £221.43 per month or £2,657.16 per annum. and this covers the Communal Service Charges for the gardens, cleaning, windows, plus responsive repairs and the Court Manager role. It also covers communal utility charges for electric and water. A portion of the charge goes into the sinking fund for major repairs