Guide to Conducting Viewings and Valuations during Covid-19 Pandemic
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 31st October, the Minister for Housing, Communities and Local Government (Robert Jenrick) has confirmed that house moves can go ahead and that the housing market will remain open throughout the lockdown period. Tenants and home purchasers will be able to move, removal firms and estate agents can operate, construction sites can and should continue and tradespeople will be able to enter homes. But, all must follow the current Covid Safety Guidance.
We want to reassure you that when visiting properties, all our agents will be adhering to government social distancing guidelines and following our safety procedure below. The health of our clients, customers and our employees come first.
If you need to get in touch with us please find a full list of our local branch details on our website and feel free to telephone or email in the first instance.
Before Viewings and Valuations
- All occupants of the property will be asked whether they are showing symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, BEFORE arranging any appointments. Those attending will also be asked the same questions before the appointment can be confirmed.
- All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation MUST maintain a 2m separation as per the government’s social distancing guidelines.
- Applicants must make their own arrangements for travel to appointments
- Applicants and agents should come to viewings and valuations with appropriate PPE (hand sanitiser and face mask/shield).
- Inspections shall be for 2 individuals only from the same household.
During Viewings and Valuations
- Occupiers or agents attending should open all internal doors prior to the appointment.
- The occupier should vacate the property whilst agent accompanied viewings are taking place in order to minimise contact with those not in their household.
- Once the viewing or valuation has taken place the homeowner or agent should wipe down worksurfaces, door handles and light switches using antibacterial cleaning products.
- Different households present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a minimum of 2m distance. (i.e. agent and prospective purchaser, or prospective purchaser and owner/landlord.
- An agent conducting the viewing will be the first one to enter the property and the last one to leave.
- Number of applicants on a viewing will be restricted to 2 people so that social distancing can be practiced. Only those in the immediate household should attend.
- Applicants should avoid touching surfaces, appliances, handles, light switches etc whilst in the property.
- All keys handled or to be passed to a tenant or prospective purchaser or surveyor will be sanitised before and after use.
- If a sale is delayed due to one or more involved parties falling ill with Covid-19 Colebrook Sturrock will work with our clients and any other parties affected to arrange a new move date.
- In the event that an office visit is necessary this may only take place by a prior booked appointment and we would ask all necessary PPE is adhered too.
- Our offices are open but the front door will be locked, so if visiting please knock and a member of our team (wearing a mask/shield) will come and greet you. We also have hand sanitiser provision which we would ask that you use.
To book an appointment please contact staff from your local branch here.
We trust these measures will help to ensure the process of searching and moving into a new home may continue and we may all stay safe and well.